10 ESSENTIAL HOME SECURITY TIPS TO MAKE YOUR HOME BURGLARPROOF!
1. The most basic security tip is to always lock all doors and close all windows, burglaries are often crimes of opportunity.
2. Invest in solid door locks and window locks as they are the most common entry point for burglars to get inside houses.
3. Don’t leave valuables like laptops, phones, tablets, cameras at plain sight, as those are popular items that attract burglars.
4. Avoid having larger amounts of cash in the house, not even for a day! Word spreads in mysterious ways and makes you a target.
5. If you can, store valuables and important documents in a good quality home safe that is fixed to the wall or floor.
6. If you don’t have a safe, hide valuables in unusual places like the vacuum cleaner, burglars know most common hiding places!
7. If you leave a spare key outside, use a lockable key-box that can be screwed to the wall and mount it somewhere very visible.
8. Get to know your neighbors, look out for each other, let them look after your home when away. You can than return the favor.
9. If you can afford it, a solid wireless DIY alarm system is a good investment. It will notify you should something happen.
10. Marking and registering your valuables with invisible synthetic DNA is an excellent choice.
10 SIMPLE PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS FOR WOMEN THAT WILL MAKE YOU INSTANTLY SAFER!
1. Plan your journey, know where you are going, with who and always know how you will get back home.
2. Avoid going out alone, invite a friend to accompany you or go in a group, it’s less likely to get in trouble.
3. Dating a stranger? Meet in a busy public place, get to know the person before getting to close!
4. Watch your drinks, never leave them unattended. Rape drugs are very popular and they are taste and colorless!
5. If offered a ride home by a person you just met, kindly refuse! Being kind and charming can be just a deception.
6. Always let someone know where you are going, who you are meeting with and when you’re expected to be back.
7. Always trust your instincts, if something feels wrong about a person or situation it usually is!
8. Make sure you have enough money left for a taxi to get home and your phones battery doesn’t die on you.
9. At night, stay on busy and well-lit streets, avoid short cuts through dark or isolated areas like parks.
10. Always be fully aware of your surroundings, don’t get distracted by listening to music or talking on the phone.
10 IMPORTANT SELF-DEFENCE TIPS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW!
1. Be aware of your surroundings, it can help you avoiding dangerous situations before they occur.
2. Avoid conflicts whenever you can, running away is also just a tactic. Remember every conflict can potentially end fatal!
3. When being confronted by someone, if possible talk first, always try to reason and de-escalate the situation verbally.
4. When someone is getting close enough to grab or hit you, raise your hands in a passive gesture, be ready to protect your head.
5. Check the persons hands, look for weapons! If he is holding a hand out of your sight, be aware he is hiding something.
6. Check the area around you, are there more potential attackers, his friends, bystanders, is there a way out, an escape route?
7. If a fight is unavoidable don’t hesitate to strike first, this might surprise the attacker and could give you the opportunity to escape!
8. Aim for the most vulnerable spots like the groins, eyes, throat, you want to achieve the most damage with the least effort.
9. Don’t get involved in an exchange of punches, attack fiercely and don’t stop until the attacker backs off, then escape to safety!
10. Remember the ultimate goal is to get back home safely, use any opportunity before, during or after the fight to run away!